Thursday, May 11, 2017

What does a five year old kid know?

Caleb had a great baseball game last Saturday.  He hit three doubles. His coach said that he hit that one of those doubles was a home run.  He was pumped.  I love hearing him tell me about it.  I was getting things ready for a party we were throwing so Christa took him to his game.  He caught the baseball bug.  He hadn't shown great interest in it up until last Saturday.  One good game has caused him to want to be better than he was last week.  We've been practicing all week.  His idea.  He wants me to throw him grounders.  He wants to practice batting.  He tells me, "wait let me get into formation" when he's getting into his batting stance.  He then shuffles and gets his elbow up, puts a little bend in his knees.  He's listened to his coaches and taken their advice and put in to practice at home.  He's grabbed it.  He's hungry to play baseball.  All it took was one good game.  This little guy has taught me a lesson that I forgot.  The other day he said, "Dad if you want to get better at something, you have to practice".  I think we forget.  You can't always be the best at everything all the time.  You can be better though.  Do you want to know what a five year old knows?  Practice makes you better.  Work at it.  You'll get better. 

No comments: