Thursday, December 29, 2016

Of all the things I don't understand, this is what I don't understand the most

My rooting interest in college football has nothing to do with my feelings about what I am about to write.  If it did, I would actually be writing about the infractions that big game bob seems to be letting slide by nowadays.  Look up what's been going on at ou recently involving multiple guys thinking it's ok to punch women in the face.  It's not just Joe Mixon, by the way.  The crap that has happened at Baylor has disturbed my soul. Art Brile's son, Kendall, just got hired as the offensive coordinator at Florida Atlantic.  While that is not a big time job, Lane Kiffin has stated that Kendall and Kendall's dad will have a pretty big role in his program.  Kendall is in Atlanta as we speak helping Lane put his staff together.  Kendall was the recruiter of the year in the Big 12 in 2014.  If you don't think that Kendall was complicit in covering up multiple rapes that occurred under the Briles regime, I'll give you every dollar I have.  What I really don't understand, is how that NCAA has done NOTHING to punish anyone involved.  NOTHING.  In the meantime, the NCAA has punished any number of players and programs for things that most agree they should not be punished for.  If anyone deserves punishment, it's the entire coaching staff at Baylor football.  They should at the very least not be able to have new jobs for a year.  I really don't get it.  I'm just going to go ahead and set my google alert for Florida Atlantic in two years with the key words being, rape, cover up, Kendall Briles.  I really hope it doesn't happen again.  It happened at Baylor, a southern Baptist school. Why would I think that it would be different at florida atlantic, which historically is where the kids that can't quite get in to FSU or Miami, which says a lot. 

No comments: