Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Music to my ears
So I was watching Say Anything the other night with my wife, I haven't actually seen that movie other than the part where Lloyd is holding up the boom box playing the Peter Gabriel song "in your eyes". I like the words to the song. My problem with the song is, it is oversynthesized. I don't understand the fascination we had back in the 80's to play as many electrified instruments as we did. A little synthesizer goes a long way. I would never build an entire song out of synthesized sounds. There is nothing better than a nice acoustic guitar being played with little to no effects. Don't even get me started on fake drums. I want to become a music producer so that I can put music back into music. A real piano sounds better than anything korg or roland can come up with. I wonder how many great songs there would be out there if people actually played them with real musical instruments? That is why, as I have gotten older, I have gained an appreciation for the singer/songwriter. People who write their own songs and play their own songs. http://youtu.be/VOCXKfatA6w this is an example of what I am talking about. A great song written and performed by the same guys. I also hate autotune. People who can't sing shouldn't be allowed pass themeselves off as singers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment