I am finding myself stuck in a rut. The only way out is to change things up. I am going to begin an experiment. I don't know how long it will last. My wife says that I watch too much tv. She is right. I would never say this to her face, but she is. I am at a place where I think my brain has gotten lazy. This worries me because my son is growing so fast, that before long he'll be in school. I don't even know if a comma was supposed to between fast and then in that last sentence. I don't want the school that Caleb goes to be the only place that he receives an education. I want to be able to help Caleb with his school work. I need to read more. I am not going to cancel direct tv. I am just going to crack open a book more often than I have in recent years. I have always loved to read. I enjoy it when I do it. I just have gotten into the rut of turning on the tv. I guess it's easier too no that college football is over, but that's neither here nor there. My brain needs an adventure. My work is mindless sometimes. I can do what I do in my sleep. I'm going to read more.
On another note, I need to start moving around. I hate to say this, but last year I lost close to 80 pounds. I haven't had the guts to get on a scale in a while, but I know I have gained a lot of it back. The easy excuse is that we had Caleb, and life got busy. I think I just used him as a reason to be lazy. I don't want Caleb to have a Dad that can't keep up with him. I'm already at a little bit of a disadvantage because I will already be older than the rest of his classmates parents. I don't want to be a bad example to him either. I want my boy to be active and well rounded. I want to be able to take him on a hike if he wants to go, or go for a long bike ride without it giving me a heart attack. I love that little guy, and I don't want him to be embarrassed of his Dad.
The reason for this blog post today is, accountability. I want to put it out there publicly that I am trying to do this stuff so that I have to do what I am saying I want to do. I have long hated the idea of saying things and not following through. I have a history of doing that, and I am tired of it. Life is short. It's time to keep the main thing, the main thing. So, if you're reading this, I give you permission to ask me how I'm really doing. I want to make these changes and a few others, but this is where I start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You don't know me but I am friends with your wife whom I know through Jenn. Anyway, this blog post comes at a great time for me - I too and trying to lose weight and my husband (whom I call my lifecoach;) encourages me to always put out my goals on the www so that I have accountability. Good step in the right direction...you can do it!
Post a Comment